1. Bread Slices – 6
2. Yogurt (Dahi) – 1 cup, hung for a few hours
3. Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor powder) – 1 tsp
4. Green Chilli – 1 small, finely chopped
5. Ginger – 2 cm piece, finely chopped
6. Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1 tsp
7. Curry Leaves (Kadi patta) – 10-12
8. Coriander Leaves to garnish
9. Salt to taste
10. Vegetable Oil – 3 tsp
1. Beat the yogurt (dahi) well in a bowl. Remove the edges of the bread slices and cut each into 4 squares.
2. Mix yoghurt (dahi), dry mango powder (amchoor powder), ginger, green chillies and salt in the bowl.
3. Spread the yogurt mixture on each bread piece and join two together like a sandwich.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
5. Add mustard seeds (rai) and curry leaves to the hot oil.
6. Place 2-3 sandwiches on the pan and fry both sides till slightly browned.
7. Once fried from both sides, remove to a serving plate. Repeat steps 4-6 to fry all the bread cubes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.