1. Wheat Flour (Aata) – 2 cups
2. Fenugreek Leaves (Methi Leaves)- 250 g
3. Green Chilli – 1 small, finely chopped
4. Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
5. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/4th tsp
6. Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, finely grated
7. Garlic Cloves – 2-3, finely chopped
8. Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 tsp
9. Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
10. Cumin Powder (Jeera powder) – 1 tsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Coarsely chop the fenugreek leaves (methi leaves). Mix together the wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, carom seeds (ajwain seeds), asafoetida (hing), cumin powder (jeera powder) and salt. Add water little by little and kneed the ingredients into a soft dough.
2. Make small size balls of the dough. Roll each dough ball into thin circles.
3. Heat an empty griddle (tawa) for about a minute. Place a thepla on the hot griddle and roast from both sides.
4. Put ½ tsp oil on the both sides and roast till slightly browned. Repeat till all the theplas are roasted.