1. Wheat Flour (Aata) – ½ cup
2. Plain Flour (Maida) – ½ cup
3. Potatoes – 2 medium
4. Green Chilli – 2
5. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – ¼ tsp
6. Dried Mint Powder/ fresh mint leaves (Pudhina) – 1 tsp / a few sprigs
7. Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
8. Cumin Powder (Jeera powder) – 1 tsp
9. Salt to taste
10. Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp, for kneading dough
11. Vegetable oil – 3 cups, for deep-frying
1. Boil potatoes, peel and mash.
2. Meanwhile, mix in a bowl the wheat flour, plain flour, salt and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Adda little water and kneed the mixture into a soft dough.
3. In another bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder, mint powder (pudhina), cumin powder (jeera powder) and salt.
4. Divide the dough into small balls and roll one ball at a time in the form of a small circle that is even from all sides.
5. Put a small quantity of the potato mixture at the center of the rolled out dough and close it properly from all the sides so as to seal the edges around the filling. Roll it out again into a small circle even from all sides. Fill all the rolled out doughs this way and shape into puris.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-bottom karhai.
7. Deep-fry all the potato stuffed puris one at a time. Fry in the hot oil till they are golden brown from both sides.