Beat the heat with this yoghurt and mint cooler.
I have used dried and crushed mint leaves but you may muddle a few fresh mint sprigs. If you like the flavour of ginger, muddle a bit of it along with mint leaves.
The rest of the masalas can be of your choice – salt, black salt, cumin powder, chaat masala or even a pinch of paprika.
I like to keep the consistency of the lassi water thin. It feels cooling to drink in the hot weather. But you may make it like a thick shake as well.
1. Yoghurt – ½ cup
2. Chilled water – 1 glass
3. Black salt – a pinch
4. Salt to taste
5. Cumin powder (Jeera powder) – ½ tsp
6. Mint leaves, dried – 1 tsp / few sprigs of fresh mint leaves
7. Coriander sprigs to garnish
1. Beat the yoghurt with a little water to make it smooth.
2. Add all the masalas and beat well.
3. Mix in the chilled water. Give it a good stir.
4. Garnish and serve.