French beans with flavour of sweet coconut.
A light vegetable very mildly spiced.
This vegetable goes very well with appams, roti or even plain dosa.
It is also super quick and easy to make.
1. French Beans – 200 gms, washed, threaded and finely chopped
2. Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
3. Curry leaves – 6-7
4. Mustard seeds (Rai) – 1 tsp
5. Ginger paste – 1 tsp
6. Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
7. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ¼ tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Coconut powder – 4 tbsp
10. Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds (rai) and curry leaves to the hot oil and allow them to splutter.
2. Add the chopped onions and green chillies and fry until the onions are slightly browned.
3. Add the ginger paste and fry for a minute.
4. Add chopped beans, turmeric powder (haldi) and salt and cook covered until the beans are soft.
5. Sprinkle coconut powder on top and serve.