Boiled brown chickpeas (kala channa) in a chaat form. This makes an ideal salad meal especially on hot humid nights. Team it with a slice of bread for your dose of carbs.
1. Brown chickpeas (kala channa) – 1 cup, soaked for a couple of hours
2. Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
3. Tomato – 1 small, deseeded and finely chopped
4. Cucumber – 1 small, finely chopped
5. Salt to taste
6. Chaat masala powder – 1 tsp
7. Cumin seeds powder (Jeera powder) – ½ tsp
8. Coriander leaves – a few sprigs, finely chopped
9. Mint leaves – a few sprigs, finely chopped
10. Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
1. Boil the chickpeas (kala channa) with 2 cups of water for 20 minutes in a pressure cooker. You may even boil it in a saucepan until soft and cooked.
2. Once the chickpeas are cooked, dry all the remaining water.
3. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
4. Chill the chaat for some time and serve.