1. Chicken peas (White Chola) – 2 cups
2. Tahini paste – ½ cup
3. Chives – 3 tsp, finely chopped
4. Extra Virgin Olive oil – ¼ cup + 2 tsp
5. Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Pepper powder – a pinch
8. Smoked paprika – 2 tsp
1. Boil the chickpeas in a pressure cooker until soft. Drain all the water in a bowl. Keep the water as it will be needed while blending all the ingredients.
2. Add the cooked chickpeas, tahini paste, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper powder and smoked paprika in a blender. Blend to a smooth paste using the reserved chickpeas stock. Add only as much is required to get a smooth consistency.
3. Add the chopped chives and mix well.
4. Pour 2 tsp f extra virgin olive oil on top and serve with pita bread or chopped vegetables.