A super quick and easy recipe.
Mushroom pulao can be made for dinner in a jiffy after a busy day at work.
Have it with sweet tomato chutney or achchar.
1. Basmati Rice – 1 cup, washed and soaked for 1 hour
2. Mushrooms – 1 cup, chopped in to cubes
3. Onions – 1 small, finely chopped
4. Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
5. Ginger paste – 1 tsp
6. Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
7. Asafoetida (Hing)– a pinch
8. Cloves (Laung) – 1 tsp
9. Green Cardamom (Elaichi) – 3-4
10. Salt to taste
11. Coriander leaves to garnish
12. Ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker. Add the cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), cloves (laung) and green cardamom (elaichi). Fry for a few seconds.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown a little.
3. Add the ginger paste and green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms and mix well.
5. Drain all the water from the soaked rice and add to the pressure cooker.
6. Add salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add 2 cups water. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
8. Fluff up the pulao with a fork and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.