Spicy baby potatoes cooked with tandoori masala that is homemade. Click here for tandoori masala recipe (https://whatshouldicooktoday.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/tandoori-masala-recipe/) .
Baby potatoes look so cute and presentable in a dish. This spicy recipe goes well with a yoghurt raita accompaniment and some Indian bread.
1. Baby potatoes – 250 gms
2. Dried red chilli – 2, broken
3. Ginger paste – 1 tsp
4. Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
5. Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
6. Tandoori Masala – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – a pinch
8. Salt to taste
9. Coriander leaves for garnishing
10. Oil – 2 tsp
1. Cook the baby potatoes in the pressure cooker for one whistle only. Remove and peel each.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing) and dried red chillies to the hot oil.
3. Add the ginger paste and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add the baby potatoes and mix well.
5. Add the tandoori masala, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix well to coat all the baby potatoes.
6. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring often to ensure the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Garnish with a good amount of fresh coriander leaves and serve.