A blend of popular Indian spices, this tandoori masala can be used with chicken, mutton or vegetables.
There are many masala blends readily available in the market. But somehow, the ones made from scratch at home taste so much better. All the ingredients are easily available and all you have to do is roast and grind them. And you have fresh homemade masala blends made with love that most definitely taste better then factory manufactured ones!
Make homemade masalas in small quantities so that they remain fresh.
I often use this tandoori masala blend in making tandoori chicken and butter chicken.
1. Ginger powder (Sonth) – 2 tsp
2. Nutmeg powder (Jaiphal) – 1 tsp
3. Dry red chillies – 3-4
4. Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 2 tsp
5. Cinnamon stick (Dalchini) – 2
6. Cloves (Laung) – 2 tsp
7. Mace (Gada) – 2 tsp
8. Cumin seeds (Jeera Seeds) – 3 tbsp
9. Coriander seeds (Dhania seeds) – 4 tbsp
10. Peppercorns – 2 tsp
11. Black cardamoms (Moti Elaichi) – 2 tsp
12. Green cardamoms (Choti Elaichi) – 2 tsp
1. Except the ginger powder and nutmeg powder, grind all the ingredients in a mixer to a fine powder.
2. Pass all the ground spices through a sieve.
3. Add the ginger and nutmeg powder and mix well.
4. Dry roast the masala on slow flame for a few minutes.
5. Store in a glass container.
Toss the store brought tandoori masala out! Make your own with extra love. It definitely tastes so much better!