Have some chapattis left over after a meal?
Store them in the refrigerator.
Make this wholesome recipe for an evening snack or for next day breakfast.
Quick and easy to make and makes good use of left over chapattis.
1. Chapatti – 3-4, broken into very small pieces
2. Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
3. Mustard seeds (Rai)– ½ tsp
4. Cumin seeds (Jeera) – ½ tsp
5. Curry Leaves – 4-5
6. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – a pinch
7. Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
8. Coriander powder (Dhania powder) – ½ tsp
9. Asafoetida (Hing)– a pinch
10. Salt to taste
11. Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
12. Coriander leaves to garnish
13. Sev to garnish
14. Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds (jeera), mustard seeds (rai), asafoetida (hing) and curry eaves to the hot oil and allow them to splutter.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add a few drops of water to the chapatti pieces so as to moisten them.
4. Add turmeric powder (haldi) and red chilli powder to the onions and fry for a few seconds.
5. Add the chapatti pieces and mix well. Add salt and a few more drops of water.
6. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
7. Add the lemon juice and coriander leaves.
8. Garnish with sev and serve.