A beautiful medley of chocolate, banana, cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s a dense and rich cake made with a gluten free flour blend.
A chocolate ganache and sprinkles of green sugar love to make it look beautiful too!
Ever since I have discovered Bob Mill’s gluten free 1:1 baking mix, all my baking is now gluten free! It tastes the same like plain flour baked good do.
This flour blend is mixture of rice flour and sorghum along with some xanthium gum. Xanthium gum is the binding agent and a replacement to the gluten element.
Follow the same quantities if you want to make with plain flour. Just replace the gluten free flour with regular flour.
1. Gluten Free Flour – 1 and 1/3rd cup
2. Sugar – 2 cups
3. Eggs – 3
4. Baking Powder – 1 tsp
5. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
6. Banana -2, mashed
7. Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
8. Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
9. Salt – a pinch
10. Cocoa powder –3/4 th cup
11. Water – 1 cup, warm
12. Milk – ½ cup
13. Oil – ½ cup
For the Ganache
1. Cream – 150 ml
2. Chocolate – 150 gms
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
2. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
4. Add the sugar and beat with hand or a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the vanilla extract, water, oil and milk and mix well.
6. Mix in the cocoa powder and whisk well to incorporate the powder.
7. Add the mashed banana and mix well.
8. Now add in the sieved dry ingredients and mix well.
9. Grease a cake pan and pour the mixture in the pan.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
1. Heat the cream and chocolate on low heat, stirring continuously until the chocolate is melted.
2. Allow it to cool for some time.
3. Spread over the cake evenly and on the sides as well.
4. Let it set in the refrigerator for some hours before serving.