Colourful bell peppers with a delicious stuffing of cottage cheese looks so tempting when served.
1. Red bell pepper – 1, cut into half and deseed
2. Yellow bell pepper – 1, cut into half and deseed
3. Capsicum- 1, cut into half and deseed
4. Cottage cheese (Paneer)– 200 gms, crumbled
5. Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
6. Cumin seeds (Jeera seeds)– 1 tsp
7. Asafoetida (Hing)– a pinch
8. Cumin powder (Jeera powder) – 1 tsp
9. Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
10. Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
11. Green chillies – 1 small, finely chopped
12. Salt to taste
13. Oil – 4 tsp
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the cumin seeds (Jeera seeds) and asafoetida (hing) to the hot oil and allow it to splutter.
3. Add the chopped onions and fry until the onions turn translucent.
4. Add the cumin powder (Jeera powder), red chilli powder, green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
5. Add the cottage cheese (paneer) and mix well. Mix in the salt and cook the mixture covered for a few minutes.
6. Fill the mixture into the red pepper, yellow pepper and capsicum halfs.
7. Brush with remaining oil and grill the stuffed bell peppers for 2-3 minutes.
8. Alternately you can roast the stuffed bell peppers in a pan.