Moong beans and moth beans sprouts along with apple and pomegranate.
The apple adds texture and crunch while the pomegranate lends a sweet taste and clears the palate.
A very healthy salad with very little calories. It is also wholesome and can replace a meal.
I have sprouted the dals at home. Soak the two dals together for about 10 hours. Then drain all the water. Fill a bowl with an inch of water. Place the sprouts on a mesh and placed the mesh above the bowl. Cover the mesh with foil and place the whole thing in a dry place for 12 hours. Once the dals have sprouted, remove from mesh and discard the water in the bowl.
You may even add a pear instead of apple or along with it.
I have used a simple dressing of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
1. Moth beans Sprouts – ½ cup
2. Green Gram whole (Moong) sprouts – ½ cup
3. Apple – 1 medium, chopped into cubes
4. Pomegranate – 1 medium, deseeded
5. Lemon juice – 2 tsp
6. Extra virgin Olive oil – 2 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Pepper powder – a pinch
9. Dried mint leaves – ½ tsp
1. Mix the two dal sprouts in a bowl. Add hot water and leave it soaked in hot water for a few seconds. Then drain and shock the sprouts in ice cold water for a few minutes. Drain the ice water.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Cool the salad and serve.