This one is especially for the kids! A gluten free chocolate marble cake with coarsely ground almond. A topping of chocolate and sprinkles of coloured sugar – enough to make a child’s treat!
Made with gluten free flour blend, it is a healthy treat for the little ones.
1. Bob Mill’s 1:1 Gluten Free baking flour – 1 + 1/3rd cup
2. Sugar – 2 cups, powdered
3. Baking powder – 1 tsp
4. Salt – a pinch
5. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
6. Eggs – 3
7. Oil – ½ cup
8. Milk – ½ cup
9. Water – 1 cup, warm
10. Almond – 1 cup, coarsely ground
11. Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
For the glaze
1. Cooking chocolate – 100 gms
2. Coloured sugar – 2 tbsp
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat the eggs well in a large bowl.
4. Add the vanilla essence and beat again.
5. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Beat with an electric mixer or by hand until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is well blended with the egg.
6. Add the water, oil and milk and mix well.
7. Incorporate the flour + baking powder + salt mixture slowly into the wet ingredients mixture and mix well.
8. Add the ground almonds and mix.
9. Divide the batter into two. In one, add the cocoa powder and blend well.
10. Pour the plain batter into a greased cake pan. Pour the cocoa batter on top of the plain batter. Using a fork, run through the batter in the pan gently mixing them around. Not mixing too much so as to blend them. Just enough to get a marble look.
11. Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
For the glaze
1. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl. Place the glass bowl on top of a pan with boiling water. Keep the water boiling on medium heat until the chocolate is melted.
2. Spread the melted chocolate on the cake.
3. Sprinkle coloured sugar on top.
4. Cool the cake for the chocolate layer to set.