1. Baby corns – 250 gms
2. Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
3. Oregano – 1 tsp
4. Dried basil leaves – ½ tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Pepper powder – a pinch
7. Oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash the baby corns well. Slit each baby corn into half, length wise from top to the tail.
2. Fill a saucepan with water and let it come to a boil.
3. Put the baby corn in the boiling water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
4. The baby corn should now be overdone. If you insert a knife it should pass through easily.
5. Drain all the water and place the boiled baby corns in a bowl.
6. Add the red chilli flakes, dried basic leaves, oregano, salt and pepper powder to the baby corn and mix well to coat each well with the herbs.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan and roast the herb coated baby corns.
8. Alternatively you can roast it in a pre-heated grill.
9. Serve it as a snack along with a dip.