These baked vegetable and potato tikkis have a crispy crust and a soft cheesy center.
This is a good snack for children. All the vegetables in the tikki are boiled and mashed along with potatoes.
They are baked and thus need very little oil for cooking. Just a brush of oil!
You can serve these baked vegetable tikkis for –
* Breakfast * Party snacks * Evening snacks * Snacks for children
1. Potato – 3 medium
2. Carrot – 1 large, grated
3. French beans – 100 gms, finely chopped
4. Green chillies – 1 small, finely chopped
5. Rice powder – 2 tbsp
6. Processed Cheese – ½ cup
7. Pepper powder – 1 tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Olive oil – 1 tbsp, for brushing
1. Boil the potatoes until soft. You can either boil the potatoes in a pan with water or pressure cook the potatoes submerged in water for 3-5 whistles until they are soft and cooked through.
2. Once the potatoes are boiled, peel and mash them.
3. While the potatoes are boiling, simultaneously, boil the grated carrots and finely chopped French beans in a pan with water. Boil until they are soft and mashable. Then drain all the water and place the boiled vegetables in a bowl. Mash using a potato masher.
4. Add the mashed potatoes to the mashed vegetables.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Make balls of the mixture about the size of lemon. Gently press to flatten the balls.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree for 5 minutes.
8. Brush the tikkis with oil and place them on an ovenproof plate. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Then flip the tikkis and brush with oil again. Bake for another 10 minutes. Both sides of the tikkis should be well browned.