Why go to a restaurant when you can have all the variety at home! And with this easy recipe, it is fun to make and it turns out delicious every time.
Try this simple recipe for Coriander chicken curry. Use fresh coriander and mint leaves.
1. Chicken – 450 gms, washed and cleaned
2. Onion – 2 medium, finely chopped
3. Ginger pasta- 1 and 1/2 tsp
4. Coriander leaves – 1 cup
5. Mint leaves – 1 cup
6. Lemon – 1 tbsp
7. Green chilli – 1 medium, roughly chopped
8. Yoghurt – 1 cup, at room temperature and well beaten
9. Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
10. Cumin powder (Jeera Powder) – 1 tsp
11. Cumin seeds (Jeera seeds) – 1 tsp
12. Coriander powder (Dhania Powder) – 2 tsp
13. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/4th tsp
14. Red chilli powder – a pinch
15. Oil – 2 tbsp
1. First make the coriander and mint paste. Grind the coriander leaves and mint leaves along with 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 3/4th of the chopper onions, asafoetida (hing), lemon juice, cumin powder (jeera powder) and salt to taste. Grind using a few tablespoons of water so that it becomes a smooth paste. Once the paste is ready add 1.2 cup of water and 1 cup of of yoghurt and mix well. Keep the prepared mixture aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add the cumin seeds (Jeera seeds) and allow them to crackle for a few minutes.
3. Add all the remaining chopped onions and fry for a few minutes until the onions turn golden brown. Add a few splashes of water to evenly brown the onions.
4. Add the green chilies and remaining ginger paste and fry for few more seconds.
5. Add the coriander powder (dhania powder), turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder and salt to taste. Fry the masalas for a few seconds.
6. Add the chicken pieces and fry on high heat until the chicken turns pink form all sides.
7. Now add the prepared coriander and mint paste and mix well. Reduce the heat and cover the pan.Cook for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Adjust the seasoning and add freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
Enjoy this coriander flavoured chicken curry with roti or naan.