I have declared diet in the house for my hubby who is a little bit more than needed – overweight. A little bit as he feels his bones are heavy and thus the alarming needle swing of the weighing scale. Agreed. But I feel he is more than the needed normal weight especially when he has to pick out only the double XLs!
Well so case rests on me and the verdict is THE DIET.
So dinner is now as carbs free as can be and keto possible as can be. Luckily my hubby is pretty ok with it as he loves chicken – which is protein and keto and gluten free.
So today he is having a chicken and mushroom salad.
This salad is quite filling for a dinner. When on a diet, dinner should be as light as possible. Even when not on a diet – it is always better to eat like a pauper at night.
This salad is also a good recipe for keto followers and gluten free followers.
I love it especially because it has two delicious ingredients in it – chicken and mushrooms.
1. Chicken – 2 breast
2. Button mushrooms – 200 grams
3. Tobacco sauce – 1 tsp
4. Dried basil leaves powder – 1 tsp
5. Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
6. Extra virgin live oil – 2 tbsp
7. Salt – 1/2 tsp
8. Pepper powder – a pinch
9. Fresh basil leaves – a few to garnish
1. Boil the chicken breasts and shred into small bits.
2. Wash and clean the button mushrooms. Remove the stem and chop each into four pieces.
3. Heat a pan and add the extra virgin olive oil.
4. Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes on low heat.
5. Once the mushrooms become soft and leave water, add the chicken bits and all the other ingredients.
6. Give it a good toss and remove from heat.
7. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your salad warm or chilled.
Step by step with pics
Heat a pan and add the extra virgin olive oil.
Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes on low heat.
Once the mushrooms become soft and leave water, add the chicken bits and all the other ingredients.
Give it a good toss and remove from heat. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.