A soupy soup with a lovely papery taste of capsicum, and the freshness of coriander leaves. Perfect for a cold winter night or even a cool rainy evening.
1. Chicken breast – 1, washed well and chopped into 4 pieces
2. Carrot – 1 medium, peeled and cubed
3. Green Capsicum – 1 small, deseeded and chopped
4. Onion – 1 medium, peeled and roughly chopped
5. Garlic – 5-6 cloves, smashed
6. Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
7. Tabasco – 1 tsp
8. Butter – 1 tbsp
9. Olive oil – 1 tsp
10. Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
11. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
1. First we make the stock for the soup. Heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepan. Allow the butter to melt.
2. Then add the garlic and fry for a few minutes.
3. Now add the onions and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces and fry until the pink chicken turns white from all sides.
5. Now add the capsicum and carrot and mix well. Fry on high heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Add 3 cups of hot water.
7. Mix well, lower the heat and cover the pan. Let this broth cook for about 40-45 minutes on low heat.
8. Then strain the broth. From the residue vegetables, remove the chicken and chop it finely.
9. Now you have the chicken and vegetable broth and the chopped chicken pieces. Now all you have to do is bring it all together.
10. Put the broth to heat and add the salt to taste and pepper powder. Add a dash of tabasco and mix all the seasoning well.
11. Add the chicken pieces and the finely chopped coriander leaves. Give it one last boil and then serve with some garlic bread or soup sticks.