This is our Sunday breakfast mostly all Sundays! Super quick and easy to make, this recipe is the cheesy version of french toasts.
I have used cheddar cheese as it is my favourite among cheese. You can use any kind.
I have only seasoned with salt, pepper powder and a little red chilli flakes, but go ahead and add whenever herbs you have in with you!
1. Bread slices – 4, cut in half
2. Eggs – 3, well beaten
3. Cheese (any) – 1 cup, grated
4. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
5. Pepper powder – a pinch
6.Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Oil – 2-3 tsp, for frying in batches
1. Beat the eggs well using a hand mixer. You can even use a wire whisk.
2. Mix in the salt, pepper powder, red chilli powder and grated cheese to the beaten eggs.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan. Spread the oil around the pan using a silicon brush.
4. Now dip 2-3 slices of bread in the egg and cheese mixture. Coat both sides the bread evenly with the mixture and then place on the hot pan.
5. Fry one side for a few minutes on medium heat, then flip and fry from the other side. Fry all the bread slices this way.
6. Serve with tomato ketchup.