A medley of three vegetables. Simple to make. Easy to pack for lunch box or travel.
Made with very basic masalas, this vegetable dish goes very well with dal and chapatti!
1. Carrot – 2 medium, peeled and cubed
2. French beans – 150 gms, stringed and chopped into 1 cm pieces
3. Potato – 3 medium, peeled and cubed
4. Cumin seeds (Jeera seeds) – 1 tsp
5. Asafoetida (Hing) – 1 tsp
6. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
8. Coriander seeds powder (Dhania powder) – 1 tsp
9. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
10. Oil (Vegetable/ Olive/ Mustard oil) – 2 tbsp
Heat oil in pan. Allow the oil to heat up well. If you are using mustard oil, then allow it to heat up to smoking point.
Add the cumin seeds (jeera seeds) and asafoetida (hing) to the hot oil and let it splutter for a few seconds.
Next add the cubed potatoes and toss them around in the pan for a few minutes on high heat. This will crisp up the potato cubes from outside.
Now add the carrot and beans and mix well.
Add the masalas – red chilli powder, turmeric powder (haldi), coriander seeds powder (dhania) and salt to taste. Mix the masalas well.
Lower the heat and cover the pan. Cook until all the vegetables are soft. Stir often. Once the vegetables are cooked, increase the heat and roast stirring continuously for a few minutes.
Check seasoning, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.