Simple and quick to make, this is a good option for healthy snacking any time of the day. These days there are brands which are selling them various added flavours. But do try making it at home as it is always better and healthier without any preservatives.
Goodness of makhane!
1. Low in cholesterol, fat and sodium.
2. Good for people with high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity.
3. Makahane have low glycemic index.
4. Makhanas are gluten-free, protein rich and high in carbohydrates.
5. Low in calories, making them an ideal snack for weight loss.
Anytime munch – healthy and addictive!
1. Makhane (Fox nuts) – 100 gms
2. Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
3. Black salt – 1 tsp
4. Dried mint leaves (pudhina) – 1 tsp
Heat the clarified butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. The saucepan should be large enough to hold the makhane.
Add the makhane and roast on low flame. Still often so that they do not burn. It will take about 20-25 minutes to roast and brown the makhanas. Once done, transfer them to a plate.
Add black salt and dried mint leaves and mix well.
Cool and store in an air-tight container.