A super quick snack with minimum ingredients, this can be made anytime in a jiffy when hunger strikes.
These cheesy balls can be made in the air-fryer also, which is a much healthier option than deep frying. I have included steps for cooking in both – air-fryer and deep frying.
1. Cottage cheese – 1 cup, grated
2. Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
3. Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
4. Bread Slices – 2, sides chopped
5. Rice Powder – 1 tbsp
6. Chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
8. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
9. Oil – 1 tbsp for air frying, 1 cup for deep frying
In a bowl, add the grated cottage cheese, cheese and coriander leaves.
Also add in the rice powder, chilli powder, chaat masala powder and salt to taste.
Now take the bread slices and wet them from both sides. Crumble and add to the mixture.
Mix everything well into a soft dough.
Now, grease your palms and make small lemon size balls of the dough.
If you are cooking in the air fryer, then pre-heat the air fryer at 180 degrees for 5 mins. Now toss the prepared balls in 1 tbsp of oil and place on the air frying rack. Cook for 12 minutes. Take out the rack and toss the balls once in between.
7. If you are deep-frying, heat oil in a non-stick saucepan. Once the oil is hot, gently drop in the balls and fry form all sides until they turn brown.
Serve with tomato ketchup.