A quick and nutritious meal option. It is wholesome and super easy to make. The combination of mushroom and celery is a delicious one. You can in fact, substitute the vegetables with other such as broccoli, carrots and cauliflower also. You may also make this with cooked brown rice.
One pot healthy meals are very convenient and timesaving on busy working days.
1. Mushrooms – 1 cup, stalks removed and the mushrooms sliced
2. Sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup, boiled
3. Celery stalk – 1
4. Garlic – 4-5, finely minced
5. Green Chillies – 1, finely chopped
6. Rice – 1 cup
7. Salt – 1 tsp
8. Pepper powder – a pinch
9. Tabasco sauce – 1 tsp
10. Sugar – a pinch
11. Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Wash the rice several times under running water. Then soak the rice in clean water for about half an hour.
2. Place the rice in a large saucepan with about 3 cups of water. Cook on medium flame. Keep checking the rice to see if it is cooked through. It should not be mushy but should be cooked well. Then using a strainer drain the extra water. Fluff up the cooked rice using a fork.
3. Now take another saucepan and heat the oil.
4. Add the chopped garlic and green chillies to the hot oil and fry for a minute on medium flame.
5. Add the vegetables – mushrooms, celery and sweetcorn kernels. Cook on medium flame for about 5-6 minutes stirring continuously.
6. Add the seasoning – salt, pepper powder, a pinch of sugar, tabasco sauce and mix well.
7. Now mix in the cooked rice. Stir gently and incorporate everything well. Check the seasoning and serve hot.