This soup is a complete meal itself. You can make it for dinner and have it with some buttered toasts.
The beetroot and tomatoes lend a beautiful rich colour and depth to the soup and the sweetness of carrot balances the tanginess of tomatoes.
A simple and healthy recipe, it does not take a lot of time to make it.
1. Beetroot – 1 large, peeled and chopped
2. Tomatoes – 2 large, chopped
3. Carrot – 1 large, peeled and chopped
4. Beans – 15-20, stringed and chopped
5. Garlic – 3-4 cloves, crushed
6. Butter – 2 tbsp
7. Oil – 1 tbsp
8. Water/ Stock – 3 cups
9. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
10. Pepper powder – 1/4th tsp
11. Basil fresh/ dried herb – 1 tsp
12. Cheese – half cup, grated
1. Heat oil and butter together in a pressure cooker.
2. Add the chopped vegetables – beetroot, carrot tomatoes, beans and garlic. Sauté on high heat for a few minutes.
3. Add water or stock (veg or chicken). Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 4-5 whistles.
4. Once the steam settles, open the pressure cooker and blend the steamed vegetables along with the water/stock it is cooked in. You can use a hand blender to blend.
5. Add salt to taste, pepper powder and basil. Check the seasoning.
6. Finally add grated cheese and mix well.
7. Serve hot with bread sticks.