A simple recipe to make with baby potatoes. It goes really well with your evening cup of tea. You can also serve it in a party as a starter, with toothpicks.
Roasting the potatoes well in clarified butter or ghee is very important. It gives the potatoes an outer crispy layer.
For seasoning I have just used chaat masala powder, but you an even add some red chilli powder, pepper powder or dried herbs.
Serves – 2
1. Baby Potatoes – 400 gms
2. Clarified butter / Ghee – 5 tbsp
3. Chaat Masala powder – 1 tsp
4. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
5. Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
1. Wash the baby potatoes well to remove all dirt. Then place the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and give one whistle only. Allow the steam in the pressure cooker to settle and then open the cooker. Drain all the water.
2. Peal each baby potato carefully.
3. In a non stick pan, heat the clarifies butter/ghee. Now add the potatoes to the hot ghee.
4. Roast the potatoes, tossing them around so that they get browned from all sides.
5. Remove the roasted potatoes in a bowl.
6. Add salt to taste, chaat masala powder and lemon juice.
7. Serve warm with a hot cup of tea.