A salad that serves as a full healthy meal along with toast. I have often made it for dinner and it goes really well with bread.
I like to make a simple non spicy version so that my little one can also enjoy. You may add some more zing to it by adding some chilli flakes or pepper powder to the mustard dressing.
Make it for meal time or evening snack and enjoy the warm salad with all its nutritional benefits.
1.Potatoes – 2 large, chopped into cubes
2. Asparagus – 200-300 gms, chopped into 1 inch pieces
3. Rosemary herb – 1 tbsp
4. Butter – 2 tbsp
5. Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
2. Mustard paste – 1 tbsp
3. Vinegar – 2 tbsp
4. Salt – to taste
5. Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
6. Chilli flakes (optional ) – 1 tsp
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a good boil. Add the chopped potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. We just want the potatoes parboiled.
2. Now in a saucepan, heat the butter and oil.
3. Add the parboiled potatoes and cook, stirring often, until they are well browned.
4. Add rosemary herb to the potatoes while they are roasting.
5. Remove from pan and place in a serving bowl. Add a little more oil in the pan.
6. Add the asparagus to the pan and roast well.
7. Remove from pan and place the roasted asparagus with the potatoes.
8. For the mustard dressing – in a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk well.
9. Pour the dressing over the roasted potatoes and asparagus.
10. Best served warm.