Quick mini uttapams for a healthy start of the day.
If you don’t have the mini uttapam pan, you can make it in a regular non stick frying pan also.
1. Semolina (Suji) – 1 cup
2. Oats – 1/2 cup, powdered
3. Yoghurt – 4 tbsp
4. Water – as required for making batter
5. Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
6. Green Capsicum – 1/2, finely chopped
7. Green chillies – 2-3, finely chopped
8. Tomato – 1 small, deseeded and finely chopped
9. Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
10. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
11. Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
12. Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Mix semolina (Suji) and oats powder in a bowl.
2. Add yoghurt. Now add water slowly to form a thick but flowing batter. Keep aside the batter till you chop the vegetables.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, capsicum, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves to the bowl. Add salt and pepper powder. Check the consistency of the batter. It should be thick but flowing.
4. Place a pan/ mini uttapam pan on heat. Spread oil. Pour the mixture in the mini uttapam moulds or spread some on the pan.
5. Cook the uttapams from from sides, until they are a little browned from both sides. Brush the uttapams with oil often while cooking.