Nigella seeds infused curry made with simple ingredients.
Use any boneless fish cut into cubes for this recipe. I have used Rawas for this recipe.
Make it for lunch or dinner and have it with roti or simple boiled rice.
The curry is light and soothing, making it an ideal summer meal.
1. Rawas boneless cubes – 300 gms
2. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/4 th tsp
3. Salt – 1/2 tsp for fish marination + 1 tsp for gravy
4. Onion – 1 large, roughly chopped
5. Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
6. Garlic – 2-3 cloves
7. Green Chillies – 2-3, finely chopped
8. Coriander seeds (Dhania seeds) – 1 tsp
9. Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
10. Coconut milk – 1 cup
11. Tomatoes – 1 large, finely chopped
12. Curry leaves – 8-9 leaves
13. Nigella seeds (Kalonji) – 1 tsp
14. Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
15. Oil – 1 tbsp
16. Coriander leaves – finely chopped for garnishing
Marinate the fish cubes in turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp of salt. Keep aside.
In a mixer jar, add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green chillies and a little water to make a paste. Grind all together to a paste.
Heat oil in pan. Once the oil is hot, add the curry leaves and nigella seeds (kalonji). Fry for a few seconds.
Now add the ground onion paste and mix well. Cook on medium flame until the onion paste starts to brown a little.
Add red chilli paste and salt and mix well. Cook for another minute.
Next add a 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
Once the water starts boiling, add the marinated fish cubes along with the chopped tomatoes.
Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the fish for 10 minutes on low flame.
Now add in the coconut milk and mix well. Bring to a boil for cook on low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.