Looking for an any time snack that is healthy and easy to make. Go for baked mathris made with whole wheat flour.
Recipe is easy to remember and quick to make.
I always have these at home and they taste really good with any dip.
1. Wheat flour – 1.5 cups
2. All purpose Flour (Maida) – 1/2 cup
3. Oil – 1/4th cup
4. Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
5. Carom seeds (Ajwain) – 1 tsp
6. Water as required for kneading the dough
1. Place the wheat flour and all purpose flour in a bowl.
2. Add salt and carom seeds. Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients well.
3. Add oil to the flours and using your fingers mix it well to form coarse crumbs.
4. Now start adding water as much is required for kneading the flours into a tough dough. Knead well for 3-4 minutes.
5. Now cover the dough and keep aside for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven at 180 degree c.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
8. While the oven is preheating, roll out the dough 1/4 th inch thick.
9. Use a cookie cutter of any shape to press on the rolled out dough, making as many mathris as you can. Then take a fork and prick around the mathri. This will prevent the matris from rising in the oven. Gently remove each and place on the baking tray.
10. Collect the remaining dough, knead and roll out again. Make more mathris using a cookie cutter. Prick each mathri with a fork and gently place on baking tray.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes in the middle shelf of the oven.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely before storing them in an air tight container.